Do you know your BMI (Body Mass Index)? Your cholesterol count? Your blood pressure? If not, you may not be visiting your doctor often enough. An article on well-beingsecrets.com gives 30 reasons why Americans should be visiting their doctors more often than they currently do, and that includes your vein doctor. Here are some of the article highlights:
- Visiting a doctor more often can actually save you money. Doctor visits costs are a lot cheaper than surgery, ER and hospital visits. Again, early detection can save you from more extreme treatments later on.
- Establishing a medical history and relationship with your doctor is important. The doctor will be able to recognize and identify changes in your health, and keep an eye out for conditions based on your family history. Also, your detailed medical record is available in case of an accident or medical emergency.
- You will understand your body better: headaches, weight concerns, allergies, pain, and many other questions can be discussed with your doctor. You can discuss treatment options and lifestyle choices that work best for you.
- Blood pressure, cholesterol, stress—these all affect our hearts. Meeting with a doctor to be screened for heart disease can prevent long term problems from getting worse.
- The health of your eyes says a lot more about you than just needing glasses. Eye exams can show if you have high blood pressure, a brain tumor, or an eye disease. As with many diseases, early identification and early treatment can increase the odds of eliminating and/or reducing symptoms.
- You’ll sleep better! Doctors screen for depression, insomnia, and other conditions that affect getting a good night’s rest.
- For women, it’s important to stay on top of your health by having PAP smears, STD testing, mammograms, and bone density tests. Your doctor can also check your reproductive health.
- For men, prostate cancer screening is important, and colonoscopies can save lives. (For women, too!)
These are just a few of the 30 reasons outlined in the article. You can find all of the reasons at http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/reasons-to-visit-your-doctor-more-often/.
If it’s been awhile since you have seen your doctor, pick up the phone and make an appointment today! If you are experiencing any leg pain, peripheral arterial disease, varicose veins, or other vascular related issues, make your appointment with the best vascular specialists in Dallas. Call Precision VIR and learn about your treatment options with our vein doctors. As the article states above, visiting your vein doctor early and often helps with early diagnosis and peace of mind.Meet Our Expert Doctors
To schedule an appointment please call us at 214-382-3200 or complete the form below.
Precision VIR serves the DFW area including Dallas, Fort Worth, Carrollton, Richardson, Garland, Mesquite, Highland Park, University Park, Park Cities, Allen, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Arlington, Irving, Grand Prairie, Flower Mound, Denton, Lewisville and all of North Texas.
This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice. Prior to starting any new treatment or questions regarding a medical condition, always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health provider.